|Latest List of Publications
||1. Selim, A. M., M. M. Nooh, M. M. El-Sawalhi, and N. A. Ismail, "Amelioration of age-related alterations in rat liver: Effects of curcumin C3 complex, Astragalus membranaceus and blueberry.", Experimental gerontology, vol. 137, pp. 110982, 2020.
2. El Samaloty, N. M., M. I. Shabayek, R. S. Ghait, S. A. EL-Maraghy, S. M. Rizk, and M. M. El-Sawalhi, "Assessment of lncRNA GAS5, lncRNA HEIH, lncRNA BISPR and its mRNA BST2 as serum innovative non-invasive biomarkers: Recent insights into Egyptian patients with hepatitis C virus type 4.", World journal of gastroenterology, vol. 26, issue 2, pp. 168-183, 2020.
3. Ghaiad, H. R., A. N. Elmazny, M. M. Nooh, M. M. El-Sawalhi, and A. A. Shaheen, "Long noncoding RNAs APOA1-AS, IFNG-AS1, RMRP and their related biomolecules in Egyptian patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: Relation to disease activity and patient disability.", Journal of advanced research, vol. 21, pp. 141-150, 2020.
4. Ibrahim, S. H., K. M. El-Mehdawy, M. Seleem, M. M. El-Sawalhi, and A. A. Shaheen, "Serum ROCK2, miR-300 and miR-450b-5p levels in two different clinical phenotypes of multiple sclerosis: Relation to patient disability and disease progression.", Journal of neuroimmunology, vol. 347, pp. 577356, 2020.
5. Abdou, S. M., N. A. El-Boghdady, A. M. Abd El-Maksoud, S. A. Khairy, and M. M. El-Sawalhi, "Evaluation of insulin-like growth factor-1, total ghrelin, and insulin resistance in nutritionally stunted Egyptian children", Bulletin of Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, vol. 57, issue 1, pp. 55-65, 2019.
6. Eissa, S., M. Safwat, M. Matboli, A. Zaghloul, M. El-Sawalhi, and A. Shaheen, "Measurement of Urinary Level of a Specific Competing endogenous RNA network (FOS and RCAN mRNA/ miR-324-5p, miR-4738-3p, /lncRNA miR-497-HG) Enables Diagnosis of Bladder Cancer.", Urologic oncology, vol. 37, issue 4, pp. 292.e19-292.e27, 2019.
7. Motawi, T. M. K., S. G. Mahdy, M. M. El-Sawalhi, E. N. Ali, and R. F. A. El-Telbany, "Serum levels of chemerin, apelin, vaspin, and omentin-1 in obese type 2 diabetic Egyptian patients with coronary artery stenosis.", Canadian journal of physiology and pharmacology, vol. 96, issue 1, pp. 38-44, 2018.
8. ghaiad, H. R., M. M. Nooh, M. M. El-Sawalhi, and A. A. Shaheen, "Resveratrol Promotes Remyelination in Cuprizone Model of Multiple Sclerosis: Biochemical and Histological Study.", Molecular neurobiology, vol. 54, issue 5, pp. 3219-3229, 2017.
9. Mehaney, D. A., H. A. Darwish, R. A. HEGAZY, M. M. Nooh, A. M. Tawdy, H. I. GAWDAT, and M. M. El-Sawalhi, "Analysis of oxidative stress status, catalase and catechol-O-methyltransferase polymorphisms in Egyptian vitiligo patients.", PloS one, vol. 9, issue 6, pp. e99286, 2014.
10. El-Sawalhi, M. M., and L. A. Ahmed, "Exploring the protective role of apocynin, a specific NADPH oxidase inhibitor, in cisplatin-induced cardiotoxicity in rats.", Chemico-biological interactions, vol. 207, pp. 58-66, 2014.
11. Motawei, T. M., M. E. - M. Sawalhi, H. Gabr, and N. Zakaria, "In vitro differentiation of adipose and bone marrow- derived stem cells into insulin-producing cells: a comparative study. ", International Journal of Recent Scientific Research., vol. 5, issue 9, pp. 1578-1584, 2014.
12. El-Sawalhi, M. M., "New insights into the gastroprotective effects of taurine and L-arginine against NSAIDs induced gastric injury in rats", Arab J. Lab. Med., vol. 40, issue 1, pp. 1-20, 2014.
13. Safwat, M. H., M. M. El-Sawalhi, M. N. Mausouf, and A. A. Shaheen, "Ozone ameliorates age-related oxidative stress changes in rat liver and kidney: effects of pre- and post-ageing administration.", Biochemistry. Biokhimiia, vol. 79, issue 5, pp. 450-8, 2014.
14. El-Sawalhi, M. M., L. A. Ahmed, M. A. Fouad, and S. A. Shouman, "The Role of Autophagy, Angiogenesis and Inflammatory Pathways in Resveratrol-Induced Cytotoxicity in MCF7 Human Breast Cancer Cells", Arab J. Lab. Med, vol. 40, issue 1, pp. 21-34, 2014.
15. Motawi, T. M. K., O. G. Shaker, M. M. El-Sawalhi, and Z. M. Abdel-Nasser, "Visfatin -948G/T and resistin -420C/G polymorphisms in Egyptian type 2 diabetic patients with and without cardiovascular diseases.", Genome, vol. 57, issue 5, pp. 259-66, 2014.
16. Arab, H. H., and M. M. El-Sawalhi, "Carvedilol alleviates adjuvant-induced arthritis and subcutaneous air pouch edema: modulation of oxidative stress and inflammatory mediators.", Toxicology and applied pharmacology, vol. 268, issue 2, pp. 241-8, 2013.
17. Abd El-Aal, S. A., M. M. El-Sawalhi, M. Seif-El-Nasr, and S. A. Kenawy, "Effect of celecoxib and L-NAME on global ischemia-reperfusion injury in the rat hippocampus.", Drug and chemical toxicology, vol. 36, issue 4, pp. 385-95, 2013.
18. El-Sawalhi, M. M., H. A. Darwish, M. N. Mausouf, and A. A. Shaheen, "Modulation of age-related changes in oxidative stress markers and energy status in the rat heart and hippocampus: a significant role for ozone therapy.", Cell biochemistry and function, vol. 31, issue 6, pp. 518-25, 2013.
19. Zakhary, N. I., S. A. Boshra, M. M. EL-Sawalhi, A. T. Fahim, and emad nabil ebeid, "Insulin-like growth factor system in Egyptian children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.", Genetic testing and molecular biomarkers, vol. 16, issue 9, pp. 1067-72, 2012.
20. Abd-El-Fattah, A. A., M. M. El-Sawalhi, E. R. Rashed, and M. A. El-Ghazaly, "Possible role of vitamin E, coenzyme Q10 and rutin in protection against cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury in irradiated rats.", International journal of radiation biology, vol. 86, issue 12, pp. 1070-8, 2010.
21. EL-Maraghy, S. A., S. M. Rizk, and M. M. El-Sawalhi, "Hepatoprotective potential of crocin and curcumin against iron overload-induced biochemical alterations in rat", African Journal of Biochemistry Research, vol. 3, issue 5, pp. 215-221, 2009.
22. El-Sawalhi, M. M., and M. Ruafat, "Effect of Alpha-Lipoic Acid on Oxidative Stress Status in Rat Kidney Subjected to Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury", Egyptian Journal of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, vol. 25, issue 1, 2007.
23. Salem, H. H., M. M. El-Sawalhi, A. T. Fahim, and N. A. F. Ismail, "Effect of Green Tea Extract and Coenzyme Q10 on Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury in Diabetic Rat Brain", The Egyptian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (EJBMB), vol. 25, pp. 690-709, 2007.
24. El-Sawalhi, M. M., "Effect of the Bioflavonoid Quercetin on Cyclosporine A-Induced Nephrotoxicity in Rats", The Egyptian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (EJBMB), vol. 25, pp. 132-150, 2007.
25. Ismail, M. F., M. E. M. - Sawalhi, S. M. Rizk, and N. A. H. Sadik, "Antiatherogenic effect of dietary naringin and curcumin in cholesterol-fed rabbits", The Egyptian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (EJBMB), vol. 24, pp. 1-25, 2006.
26. Gad, M. Z., M. M. El-Sawalhi, M. F. Ismail, and N. D. El-Tanbouly, "Biochemical study of the anti-diabetic action of the Egyptian plants fenugreek and balanites.", Molecular and cellular biochemistry, vol. 281, issue 1-2, pp. 173-83, 2006.
27. El-Sawalhi, M. M., H. A. Darwish, A. A. Shaheen, and M. N. Mausouf, "Effect of Ozone Oxidative Preconditioning on Oxidant Status of Adjuvant Arthritic Rats", The Egyptian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (EJBMB), vol. 24, pp. 357-372, 2006.
28. AbdEl-Gawad, H. M., and M. M. El-Sawalhi, "Nitric oxide and oxidative stress in brain and heart of normal rats treated with doxorubicin: role of aminoguanidine.", Journal of biochemical and molecular toxicology, vol. 18, issue 2, pp. 69-77, 2004.
29. Ismail, N. A., A. A. Shaheen, M. M. El-Sawalhi, and Y. M. Megahed, "Effect of calcium channel antagonists in modifying the inhibitory influence of adenosine on insulin secretion.", Arzneimittel-Forschung, vol. 45, issue 8, pp. 865-8, 1995.
30. Ismail, N. A., A. A. Shaheen, M. M. El-Sawalhi, and Y. M. Megahed, "Combined effect of adenosine, alpha adrenergic and adenosine antagonists on serum insulin and insulin secretion from rat pancreatic islets.", The International journal of biochemistry, vol. 26, issue 3, pp. 381-6, 1994.