Drug Design, Code 804
Aim of the Course
After completing this course the student should understand the concepts and methods of drug design, including the use of computer modeling software to make pharmacophore search, and docking studies as virtual screening tools.
- Recent trends in new lead identification
- Nucleotide and antisense agents e.g. cancer treatment
- Advanced rational and irrational drug design
- Computational chemistry and molecular modeling
- Enzyme inhibitors (competitive, non-competitive